Skip to content
Private Event FAQ’s
- Elevator? Yes, we are completely ADA accessible.
- Parking? Yes, use the off-street lot at the corner of Manton & Chandler, or the lot across the street after 3 pm or on weekends. Parking is first-come, first-serve. Street parking is available too. Alternatively, some groups use Uber or Lyft codes, or party bus transports to/ from hotels.
- Outdoor space to use? Not attached to the private event loft, but your guests may use the designated smoking areas outside.
- What linen or table decor is included? White, black or white with black bistro stripe linen napkins, simple greenery, and candles for dining tables on request. Our gorgeous reclaimed wood tables will be uncovered. We will decorate any food station & dessert table in the same minimalist modern style. We have an easel. Please provide additional or specialty candles if desired-no tapers.
- Can I bring in decor? You may drop-off 1 – 4 stackable bins labeled with name/date of the event, with standard items: place cards, seating chart, gift vessel, signs, photos, candles, etc. at your final walkthrough, supply directions if needed. We will set these out for you. If your items require assembly or a time-consuming setup – send your assistant the day of the event.
- Can I use a decorator? Yes, please consult with us first. No items that would damage the building or grounds are allowed (tape, nails, tacks, pins, stakes, etc). Hangings may be permitted if lightweight and employed via magnets, command hooks, or other non-damaging techniques. Setup by a professional is 4 hours maximum prior to the event and must be removed at end of the event.
- Are centerpieces included? Yes, see above. There is no discount if you bring your own decor.
- Cancellation policy? The deposits & and any payments made to date are non-refundable, no exceptions if the event is canceled by the guest, (see contract for details about fees for short notices).
- Ceremonies? Yes, we have an urban oasis just across the street: a spacious courtyard complemented by colorful geo-pattern murals on surrounding red brick buildings, a sprawling green lawn, and a blue sky! Site fee is $100 & rental of white padded folding chairs are $4 each.
- Can we set up the day before? No. How early can deliveries be made? Inquire, before vendor slot as needed with notice. We cannot refrigerate desserts or floral, time arrival accordingly.
- Is there a dressing room? No. The loft will not admit any guests or family members earlier than the reception start time. Early arrivals for ceremonies may enjoy a drink and relax at our public taproom or the cider hall nearby.
- How long will I have use of the event space? The length of time directly correlates to your food & beverage timing. Music must end within 15 minutes of bar closing. Bar closing signifies the end of the event. A 30 minute grace period is extended for good-byes, finishing drinks, and vacating, anything beyond that will have an overtime fee of $250 added to your bill. If your guests arrive early, we will direct them to the public taproom on the first floor, unless we have your permission to open the bar early (only up to 15 min early), and add the tab to your bill. Events range from 2-hour cocktail parties or meetings to six-hour sit-down receptions (which include a one-hour bar closing, max length for stations is five-hour open bar throughout). Inquire about after parties in the Taproom downstairs.
- What time can my vendors get in? For evening events, 12-3 pm.
- How much time will I have for décor setup? If you or a friend/family member are doing your own setup- a max of 2 hours prior to the event for the evening, one hour prior to daytime events.
- Assistance loading gifts or décor out after the event? We will not handle any gifts – please assign a family member to this important task. Staff will help pack your bins at the end, and you may ask them for assistance bringing to the car if they are available. This is not a mandated or included service.
- Coat check? We can staff an attendant for $150, or you may use our coatroom.
- Food tastings? No, we don’t offer private tastings, but encourage you to try the food at one of our taprooms to get a feel for our style. We will also host an annual open house party in late winter/early spring with samples of some menu items.
- Can I bring my own wine, beer or liquor? Corkage fee?
We allow you to bring in your own wine for a corkage fee of $15 per bottle, we cannot store or refrigerate in advance of your date. We don’t allow beer or hard liquor to be brought in.
- Do you offer on-site coordination? The sales team will coordinate your details that pertain to the use of our venue, including timing, menu, and logistics leading up to your event, and they can provide preferred vendor contacts on request. After booking, your contact is available by email, or phone appointment, during business hours. For wedding receptions only: we meet with you for one hour, in-person or phone details meeting when you are ready to discuss your menu, layout, and other related details, (you may schedule this anywhere from 2-7 months prior). The team then meets with your day of event manager here to review and confirm your details the week of your event. Your event manager is on-site the full day of your event to help facilitate your timeline, food & beverage service and staff. We do not emcee and are not responsible for activities beyond our catering service. Personal day-of coordinators/designers/planners are useful if you have a complex ceremony on-site, abundant decor, non-food related activities, or a large/challenging wedding party to wrangle. Inquire for preferred independent planners & coordinators.
- Can I hire my own vendors (baker, coordinator, DJ, florist, etc.)? Yes. You may inquire about our list of preferred vendors if you like.
- Do you have signage to direct guests to my event? Yes, we will post signage directing your guests to the event space, or you may provide your own in advance.
Thank you for considering us!